Membership in AAIMCo
AAIMCO offers three levels of membership: Professional Member; Associate Member and Affiliate Member. Membership in AAIMCo not automatic and is subject to a completed application, review of qualifications, acceptance of our conference attendance requirement, acceptance of our Code of Ethics and final approval by the Board of Directors.
$400 / Year
- 50% or more of work must be on insurance and risk related matters – includes attorneys
- Open for fee based insurance & risk consultants only (NO INSURANCE SALES)
- At least 5 years insurance and risk consulting experience and 3 years fee based consulting
$300 / Year
- Same as Professional Member – but lacking in fee based consulting experience
- No voting rights & cannot hold an elective office
- At least 5 years insurance-related work experience
- Must be involved with a business servicing or associated with the insurance and risk industries
- Membership will further the interest of the Association
- Two types of Affiliate Membership are Individual & Corporate
We welcome experts in the following areas.
The following are few areas of expertise we welcome – see member lookup page for more:
Professional Membership shall be open to independent contractors who: Provide expert knowledge for a fee; Have attained expertise through a minimum of 5 years insurance-related work consulting experience; Have been a fee-based consultant for not less than 3 years; Dedicate 50 percent or more of their consulting services time to advising multiple individuals or entities with regard to insurance-related or risk management issues; and otherwise meet AAIMCo’s membership criteria.
Associate Membership is open to individuals who otherwise meet AAIMCo’s Professional Membership requirements with the exception of the required minimum 3 years consulting experience. Associate Membership shall include the same privileges as Regular Professional Members, except that an Associate Member is not eligible to vote or hold office. Associate Members may use the AAIMCo “Associate ” icon. Upon completion of the 3 year minimum experience requirement, an Associate Member must apply for Professional Membership status in order to remain a Member of AAIMCo. No application fee shall apply to this change in membership status.
Affiliate Membership shall be open to any person or firm who has a bona fide interest in or renders an insurance-related service or product, and who shall further the interest of the Association. An Affiliate Member may attend AAIMCo’s conferences, but is not eligible to attend business meetings, vote, serve on the Board or hold office. Affiliate Members may use the AAIMCo “Affiliate” icon. There are two categories of Affiliate Membership: Individual Membership; Corporate Membership, which includes the designation by the corporate member of up to two individual representatives to be listed as AAIMCo Affiliate Members.