Find A Consultant
AAIMCo is a member only non-profit association. We offer a complimentary listing of our member qualifications. Should you want to retain a member, please contact them directly.
(select an "Expertise" category) >
Considerations For Finding A Consultant
To most people, consulting is an intangible: a service that cannot be measured. This creates difficulty in assessing the need for a consultant, as well as establishing value for services rendered.
1. Much of the difficulty can be mitigated by determining:
- Why consulting is being considered (reasons)
- What is to happen as a result of the consulting engagement (results)
- How the consulting can be implemented (action plan)
2. A consulting engagement creates value for the client by:
- Identifying problems
- Recommending remedies and opinions
- Formulating a position and its implementation
- Expediting a result
- Identifying tasks with implementation time frames
- The consultant's value rests in the fact that it is an independent third person's viewpoint and expertise.
3. Key issues that should be clarified with your consultant:
- The objective, scope and nature of the assignment
- A summary of the situation and potential consulting strategies
- The potential results to be generated from the consultancy
- The qualifications of the consultant
- The prospect start and end dates of the assignment
- The fee structure